Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Why I want To go To Stanford



You have to make a choice. You can’t do both. They are too different. Choose A or B, never both. This seems to be the general feeling, at least where I live, about the two passions I have: Science and Politics.

Writing a program that successfully gets the attacker scoring goals on the opposing team, as opposed to our own, gets me just as excited as standing up and giving a speech on the responsibilities of States internationally wrongful acts.

To have the ability to go after all my passions is why I want to go to Stanford. I want to learn and live in an environment that promotes passions and gives students the opportunity to not only follow all their passions but also find links between them.

I want to go to Stanford because I will not have to label myself as either the “Science Girl” or the “Humanities Girl”. I want to go to Stanford because there I will be the “Girl Who is Doing What She Loves”.

 

 

 

I truthfully have very little clue about what I want to do in my future. Do I want to work for some company as an engineer? Do I want to be the one running that company? Do I want to go into politics? Do I want to work for the UNICEF and promote children’s rights? Do I want to go to Pakistan or Haiti or Africa and build schools? Do I want to become a political activist? Do I want to promote secularism? Do I want to promote peace?

I really have no clue.

I want to continue my education in a place that is flexible, that will give me opportunities to explore options I both dreamed of trying and options I never knew existed.

That is why I want to go to Stanford. The amount of different programs available is amazing: from leadership programs directed towards minority students to programs on innovative design to an atmosphere that promotes entrepreneurship.

I want to go to Stanford because there I will find the answer to “what do you want to do?”



 

 

why is it everything i write sounds shallow?





No comments:

Post a Comment